CPIT is currently completing a scoping exercise to determine the size and shape of CPIT’s entry into the Shac 2011 competition.
A brief has been given to students from CPIT’s School of Architecture to scoop and then present to the CPIT Shac committee.
Current thinking on this project is that two units may be built, one with as many alternative and sustainable options available and the other with more conventional practices so the equivalency can be measured.
- One bedroom units that is transportable
- Can be placed on a section as a second dwelling
- Is easy to relocate as required
- Accommodation that meets a range of community needs from emergency housing to a Granny flat.
- Services can be connected and disconnected without remedial work required
- As self sufficient as possible within a average budget
- Use of sustainable materials
- Has high energy efficiency
- Has Grey water containment options